Please take your time to look around my website and get a feel of what sort of therapy I offer.
I am experienced and a fully accredited Psychodynamic Psychotherapist and Group Analyst. I practice from comfortable and welcoming consulting rooms in central Salisbury. I follow a strict code of ethics and would like to assure you that I practice in a safe and confidential way.
I offer psychotherapy/counselling to individuals and groups and welcome enquiries by telephone, or email. Following your contact with me we can start to work out what you would like to gain from therapy and how we can work together.
You may not be clear about what type of therapy you need or perhaps what would work for you. We can discuss this, and I can provide recommendations – sometimes short term focused work can be useful or something more long term, intense or working in a group environment, other times a further referral might be required.
What brings you to therapy can be for many different things. You may not have thought of having a problem before, rather a feeling of being different from others. There maybe something more specific like these examples :
- Are you going through troubled times?
- Do you keep falling into the same difficult or destructive patterns?
- Are you feeling that things aren’t working out for you?
- Are you struggling to be happy with yourself?
- Are you having problems getting along with others at home, socially or at work?
- Do you find it difficult to do things which other people seem to do with ease?
- Do you suffer from anxiety and panic sometimes?
- Are you having trouble following a bereavement, or a big change in your life?
- Are you irritable, tearful, or lacking in energy sometimes?
- Are you having problems with your sexuality?
- Are you having thoughts you feel you shouldn’t have and cannot talk to anyone about them?
There are many other things that you might feel you need help with. I welcome your contact if you would like to talk over how therapy might help you. I will respond to your enquiry promptly and discreetly. I access all my own telephone messages, emails and post and all in confidence.
I am an experienced, qualified and accredited psychotherapist and group analyst with a background in nursing and research. I have many years of experience working in the National Health Service (NHS) within hospitals, out-patient departments and Health Centres. I have worked with individuals of all ages and groups with all sorts of difficulties.